Monday, May 13, 2013

Margus Fletch: Barbarian



Margus Fletch: Barbarian
By Cam


Prologue


            Here I am, on the eve of battle, readying for war.  If all goes well, I will conquer a mighty fortress before dawn breaks.  But then, you must hear this story from the beginning.  Let me first introduce myself.  I am a barbarian, ruthless and untamable.  I am a general of a strong army.  I am a conquerer of kings!  I am Margus Fletch!



Chapter One


            I was old.  At least, too old to continue leading an army for much longer.  I was thinking  I would retire soon and leave my army to my son. But first I wanted to plan one last battle;  a battle of battles, one that would make my name go down in history.  I would attack Castle Corona. Though it was the one castle I had never been able to defeat, I felt a change in the winds. 
While I was thinking over these things, I was on my horse, leading my army of vagabonds and barbarians to wherever we might find our next meal.  We people had no real home, but we often made camp in the towns we had raided.
            “Rutgar!!” I shouted. A tall rider in a blue cloak rode up to me.   
            “Yes, Chief?” Rutgar, my second in command, replied.
            “I have an idea,” I said thoughtfully.  “I would like to attempt one last siege on Castle Corona, before I get too old to fight.  What is your opinion on this?” 
            Rutgar rolled his eyes. “Chief, you know my opinion. I think it is absurdly difficult, but I will be with you to the end.”
            I chuckled. “A more loyal man I never knew!”
            “Thank you, Chief,” Rutgar said. “But have you asked Gunt?”
            “No...” I said.  If Rutgar was my right hand man, Gunt was my left. I trusted him as much as Rutgar, if not more.  “Yes, I would like his opinion.  Fetch him for me will you?”
            “Yes, sir,” Rutgar replied.
            I sighed. “How many times must I ask you to call me Margus?” I asked.
             “One time more, sir,” Rutgar replied, then went off to fetch Gunt.
            Gunt arrived, smiling, as usual. He was always happy, for reasons beyond my understanding.  He was also rather short, and he had long brown hair, and a beard. 
“Rutgar said you war’ wantin’ me?” he asked.  He also had an interesting way of speaking, a more gruff dialect.
            “Yes. I want to know what you think of leading one last attack on Castle Corona, before I get too old to fight,” I said.
            “Brilliant ideya!!!” Gunt exclaimed. “Umm, what is Castle Corona ag’in?”
I sighed again.
            “It is the practically unconquerable castle, with the sly guard, and large store of gold,” I said.
            “Less brilliant ideya!” Gunt said. “I think yer could do it, Margus, but  t’would be hard. Yer’d  ave’ta prepare first, and it’d be wise ta steal some new armor, and perhaps hire a few mercenaries.”
            “Yes, I agree with you on all counts, but hiring mercenaries will cost money,”
I said.
            “Yes, but t’would not the reward be greater than the cost?”  Gunt asked.
            “Yes,” I said. “It would.”


Chapter Two

           
            That night, I rallied our troops and told them we would go raiding.  “I want you in your best armor.  Take as many sacks as you can find.  We are going to clean this village dry!” I shouted.  My men cheered.  The prospect of more food and money motivated them.  Rutgar, who was at my side, spoke up.  “You sure know how to get them going, chief.” 
            “Well, that’s why I am chief, right?”  I said, and then shouted one more time, “Come on boys, we’re going raiding!” 
            Rutgar, Gunt, and I ran over to our horses and jumped on.  We were already in full armor, so we started riding toward the nearest village, which is called Kajoran. It was relatively poor as for gold and such, but it could supply the food we would need to lay siege to Corona.  I rode fast, the fastest, because I had to stay ahead of everyone else, as the chief.  Gunt and Rutgar were beside me as we hit the village gates. They had no idea we were coming, and I killed the front guards with ease.  The doors were locked, but not tightly, so we were in in minutes. This had sadly given the town guard time to rally, and they were waiting inside. I jumped off my horse, using my momentum to bring my axe down on someone’s head.  Another soldier leapt at me, also wielding an                                                                                                                                                       axe.  I parried, and landed stroke after stroke on his shield, until it broke.  I grinned.  I was in battle, and for a soldier like me, there was no better place to be.  I jumped up and rammed into the soldier whose shield I’d broken. He had recovered, and was circling me.  He feinted, jumping at me, swung around, and rammed his axe into my side.  I was wearing chain mail armor, so the blow only caused me to bleed, but this was still a great inconvenience on the battlefield. I sent a series of blows at his head, and then moved to his leg, back to his head, pretended to go for his leg again, but then chopped off his head while he was waiting to protect his leg.  I swung around, stuck my dagger in another person trying to kill me, and charged through ranks of men to find Gunt and Rutgar.  I found Gunt fighting two men at once, as usual.  I snuck around the men he was fighting, but then someone came at me! I parried his thrust, but he grazed my leg. He hurt me badly, but gave me room to bash his head in.  I swung around killing the man Gunt was fighting, he having already killed the first man.  Rutgar thankfully found us, and I said, “You two, go rally the men, and steal as much food as you can find, and as many men who will fight for us.  I’ll go get the gold with a group of four men.”
            “Yes, sir,” they said, then rushed off. I found only three men, but was happy enough with them to go raid the town hall.  There was no one there. They had all run off   to either escape with the gold, or join the fighting.  I was able to find the vault rather quickly, but it was locked tight.
            “Bash it open with a hammer,” I said. None of the men had a hammer, which was an oversight on my part.
            “Oh, well,” I grunted. “Just take it with you.”  The three men and I got back just as Rutgar returned with the food.                    
            “Chief, we probably have enough food to last us a month or two now. The horses also have some good grain to last two weeks, but they can also eat grass.  Our best plan of action is to get to Castle Corona as quickly as possible, then attack.”
I nodded then said, “While that was helpful information, it would be nicer if you would help us find somewhere to put this safe.”  Rutgar had just seemed to realize we were holding a safe.  He helped us put it down in a wagon, then continued.
            “Gunt found ten retired mercenaries willing to fight, but they will need to be paid. Also there are about five young men, just begging us for a share in the action; they will not need much payment.  Other than that, there are just some random thugs, and a few men in need of a job.  Altogether, it tallies up to 33 men.”
            “Not bad!” I said, stretching out my arms. Then hopping onto my horse, added,
“Tonight, we will camp here, and tomorrow, we ride!”I

\_/\_/

            The next day, we started out early, and rode fast. I wanted to make sure we were within a mile of Castle Corona so we could build siege engines in peace, but still be close enough as not to have to walk far with them.  My plan was to put a lot of trees down in the forest next to Castle Corona to make a lot of siege towers with which to attack it.  I was unsure what we would do if this attack failed, but I was sure it would work.  We did make it to the forest before night, and I held a meeting with Rutgar, Gunt, and a few of my other men on strategy for the next day, as well as my plan.
            “It is a good plan, and I’ll get a group of men gathering wood, tomorrow,” General Reap said.  Gunt nodded and added, “I’ll build ter things if Rutgar’ll chop da wood.” Rutgar nodded.  “And I’ll oversee you all, and draw up the plans,” I said.  “So now that that is settled, the meeting is adjourned.”  I went out of the tent, the others following me, and then we each went off to our own tents.



Chapter Three



            The next morning, I woke up to the sound of wood being chopped, went outside, and saw that everyone had already started. I quickly walked over to where Gunt appeared to be making a catapult .
            “What time is it?” I questioned. 
            “In ter eighth hour, Chief!”  Gunt replied, “Yer slept in.” 
            “Well why didn‘t you wake me?” I exploded.  “Who’s been overseeing everything, and how did you know what to build!?” 
            “Well, A: Isn’t it the most obvious thing? I mern, it’s a catapult!” Gunt said. “We always use catapults!  And B:  We stole your notes.”
            I had calmed down somewhat by then. “I suppose it would have been a better idea simply to tell you what to do last night, eh?” I said. 
            “That it would chief,” Gunt said solemnly. “That it would.”
            “Well, how’s it going?” I asked.
            “It’s going pretty well,” Gunt replied. “But see for yourself.”  Gunt handed me a map, crudely drawn, of what appeared to be the areas where the building, chopping, and cutting down were happening.
            “Thanks,” I said, then jogged off to see how everyone else was doing.  The catapult seemed to be working fine by itself, but it was off balance.  I saw that it was fixed personally, then headed over to where men were chopping down trees.  This was the easiest job and was going very well.  The log splitting was going very well too, and all the uneven logs were being thrown away anyway.  All was calm for almost the rest of the day, except for a few minor mishaps in building.  In two days, everything was done.  Towards the end of the second day, Rutgar ran up to me and said, “Chief, come quickly! I’ll explain on the way!” After starting to pull me across the yard, he continued, “We captured a rider who had gotten to close to our base.  It turned out that he is a  guard from Castle Corona!” 
            “Well, good for you!” I said, slowing down.  “I don’t really want to see him now, as I was just about to go eat.”
            Rutgar shook his head exasperatedly. “No, no, no,” he said. “They will surely know that he is missing before tomorrow. We attempted to interrogate him, and he said so.  Do you know what this means?”
            “No...” I said, still not understanding.
            “It means they will send a search party, and we will be found!”  I frowned, then smiled.  I knew the perfect way to turn this to my advantage.  “Let them come,” I said. “We will take them out one by one.”      

            

Chapter Four


            The afternoon of the next day, the search party came, just as Rutgar said it would.  I saw them coming while I was hiding in a bush, along with ten other men on the ground, and five archers in the trees. If the search party got past me, then Gunt had a ten-man party waiting over the crest of a hill. Rutgar was with me.
            “Three, two, one, Go!” I whispered.  Rutgar’s hand went up signaling the archers to draw, then down, signaling them to fire.  As I heard the arrows whistling through the air, I jumped out of the bushes whooping and yelling!  This was the signal for all my men to charge out with me, taking the search party by surprise. I had already informed our men to spill as little blood as possible, and to take hostages, but no doubt to the search party, we were a terrible sight.  I ran up to one of the men and swung my sword at him, but he parried, and was better than I had expected. I quickly ran at him, frightening him, then lunged at his legs, coming up on the other side of him, (which was a risky move, but effective) and knocked him out with the hilt of my sword.  I heard a blade coming at me, and swung around just in time to block it.  I stabbed him in the belly, hoping I hadn’t killed him, pushed him to the ground, and knocked him out with my boot.
            I felt a sudden pain in my side, and swung around to see a seemingly young, inexperienced soldier, who had apparently hit me somewhere in the side.  I could now feel nausea welling up from the depths of my gut.  Swallowing it back down, I was able to knock him out successfully, with the hilt of my sword.  I turned back with some difficulty to see that the battle was over, and then fainted. 
            When I woke up Rutgar was standing over me.  “You lost a lot of blood,” He said. “It was all over you on the battlefield, and that wound was pouring until we got a bandage on it.  It soaked through three bandages before it finally stopped.”
            “I’m not worried about me,” I said. “How many men did we lose?” 
            “On our side, none,” Rutgar said. “But their side lost three out of their fifteen.” 
            I grunted, impressed.  “Not bad,” I said. “And the only reason I was wounded was because some youngling got a lucky shot.”  I tried to sit up, and although it hurt a bit, I was successful.
            “How long have I been out?” I questioned.
            “It is the tenth hour of the day after the battle, so in other words, not too long,” Rutgar replied.  “You have recovered very well.”   
            “And while that is good, it should have been better.” I said.  “I intend to speed up our plans. We go to war today!” 
            “But sir, your condition is unfit for war!” Rutgar protested.
            “Yes, it is,” I replied, “but I’ll recover. Rutgar, I ask that you and Gunt lead the first charge in my stead. I will lead a second, later charge to scale the walls on the other side,  using our siege ladders, and one of the siege towers.”
            “But none of the other generals know!  We have had no strategic planning meetings!  We have not--” 
           

            “Rutgar!” I shouted. “Did I make you second in command, commander of my army, for nothing?  Aren’t you one of my best warriors, my best strategist?  You can rally the troops! You prepare them for war!”  In a much softer voice I said, “And meanwhile, I will take a nap.  We attack at midnight.  Wake me up then. Now get out.”  Rutgar ran out of my tent, and I rolled over to sleep.


Chapter Five

            I was shaken awake by Gunt, who said, “Margus, chief, it’s midnight.  Wake up!” 
            “I’m up, I’m up!”  I said, jumping out of bed. “I’ll go get my armor on.”
            I rushed out of the tent, seeing many other people running to get their armor.  Rutgar must have just sounded the ‘To arms’ horn. I had a private tent for my best armors. I had four sets, one for special occasions, one for scouting, one for battle, and one for heavy battle and impressing people. The last one was the one I would wear today.  I quickly put on my armor, with the help of a servant who tightened the straps on my back.  I then went to my horse, where I took a few seconds to gain my composure.  I took a drink of water that was laced with a bitter concoction; it was supposed to make my wound not hurt as much, as well as help calm my battle nerves. Then I saw my men coming, and I mounted my horse.
            “Follow me,” I shouted, and we started riding towards Castle Corona. Rutgar had already gone ahead of us, and was probably already attacking.  I bypassed the front gate where the battle was raging, and went around to the now much-less-guarded, back gate.  As planned, the siege tower was hidden in the trees. 
            “You ten,” I said, “go prepare the siege tower, and get it to the wall as quickly as possible. Ten of you, start throwing up grappling hooks, and throw up the pull-ropes for the siege ladders, then start climbing.  About thirty of you, remain on horseback to charge when the gates are opened.  Go, go, go!” 
            The siege tower arrived relatively quickly, and I had my men start climbing it immediately.  Then some archers realized we were here, and started to attack us.  Two of our men died, but we shot them down.
            “ Faster!” I said, then started to climb the siege tower myself.  When I got to the top, I realized there were even more archers, who were preventing our men from laying down the cross-bridge. I tried to jump it, but I was continuously pushed back. Multiple soldiers came running across the wall, and I heard Rutgar sound the retreat horn.  I was scared for a moment, then bellowed, “Retreat!” I quickly ran down the siege tower, and was the last person leaving, so I burned the siege tower on the way down.  I jumped on my horse, desperately dodging the hail of arrows coming at me and my troops. I rode away, shaking with anger, knowing we had lost.  
\_/\_/

            When I returned to camp I was greeted with a large number of downcast faces and sad eyes.  I walked into the meeting tent to find Rutgar and Gunt, who were conversing in low tones.       
            “What went wrong?” I asked wearily.
            “Weell fer starters they had boilin’ oil to pour down ter wall, and it burnt our men, as well as made it hard to get up wif the ladders,” Gunt said,  “And the archers t’wer sending a hail of arrows at our men.”
            “Well what about the siege towers? “ I questioned in a defeated tone. “They should have worked.”
            “They would have too, but for the oil.” Rutgar explained. “To start with, it made the horses very skittish, and they also splashed it on the siege tower itself, and then lit it.  After that we didn't want to risk burning the others as well.”  I sighed. 
            “Well, we will not stop!” I proclaimed, though even to myself I sounded half-hearted.

\_/\_/
            I woke up the next morning to the sound of shouting.  I leapt out of bed and went outside, only to see a massive crowd growing around Gunt and one of his lieutenants.  I ran up to the crowd and shoved my way through it. 
            “Hey!” I shouted, “What is going on here?” Gunt stopped shouting, turned to see me and reddened significantly.  Meanwhile the lieutenant turned to me, and shouted right back, “Mind your own business you!”
            I stepped back shocked, then regained my composure.
“Probation!” I shouted at him, then “Take him away men. And Gunt! You should know better!” 
            “I-I’m sorey chief, but he was defying yer orders, and stirring up disorder among ter ranks! He wouldn't listen to me and ended up actually hitting me!”  
            I grunted.  I knew why the soldiers were grumpy.  I had seen it before.  They were all still sore from losing, when they had not lost in a long while.  I was sure we would have another episode like this, so I was going to do my best to keep my troops busy, and happy.
            “Gunt, I want you to organize games and competitions for the men,” I said.
“Give some rewards, like rank promotions, armor, and such, so they want to do it.  But at the same time, set up them in such a way that they get some work done at the same time.  For example, to enter, unless they do a certain amount of work, they cannot participate in the contests.  I myself will oversee the work schedule.”
            “Why?” Gunt asked, “Why ter contests?” 
            “First of all to keep the troops busy, and second of all, to get ready for our next battle.  The chores will be to build more weaponry, siege towers, and such,” I said. “Now get moving!”

                                                   

Chapter Six

            When the competitions were ready, on the noon of the next day, I had Rutgar announce it to my troops over lunch.
            “We will be hosting a competitions session after noon tomorrow,” Rutgar intoned. “The fee to get in is one chore as specified on the chart, and the winners will be given, in order: First place, promotion, or what you like from the armory, or anything like what is seen below; Second place; A full new suit of armor; Third place, a full week of off jobs; Fourth and finally, a probation-free card. Chores must be finished two hours before competitions begin.”
            I smiled. Rutgar always had been more eloquent then I. And now we would get enough work done to attack again before the end of this week. I sighed. I had always liked watching competitions.                                  
                                                                       

                                                                        \_/\_/                                                                                                                                                               
           
            Our drums where banging loudly, signaling that the contests were about to start, and there were exactly 46 contestants.  I stood at the front of our arena.  If you could call it an arena, that is.  It was more like a bunch of chairs pulled up around a circle dug in the dirt, with a big chair for me.  “First contest!” Rutgar shouted, “Wrestling!  And as a reminder, only the contestants who win all challenges will be crowned champions.”

            “And now, let the competitions begin!” I shouted, for this was my duty as chief.
            The first matchup was between an archer named Cody and one of the mercenaries we had hired, whose name I did not know.
            “I’ve got my money on Cody,” I whispered to Gunt.  Betting was almost a rule among my troops, and I was no exception.  There was actually a set thirty-second time to bet.
            “That wimp? You’ve got ter be joking!” Gunt softly exclaimed.  “I’ll bet you twunty-five shillin’s that Nog will win this heare match!”
            “It’s a be,.” I whispered.  “Now, shush, the round is about to start.”
            Nog rushed forward immediately, practically jumping on Cody.  I smiled.  I knew what would come next.  Suddenly Cody stepped to the left, and jumped on Nog as he hit the ground.  Nog shouted in pain, and did not get up.
            “And the winner of this round is Cody!  Cody will now go on to compete in the next round of wrestling.”
            “How...” Gunt mumbled, “Well I suppose I owe you now.”
At this I laughed out loud.  Then it was time for the next competition.
            “Competing in the next round are Cody, and Margus Fletch!”
            I looked to the side to see the expression on Gunt's face, which was so comical that I burst out laughing, before I jumped into the arena.  I knew what Cody would try this round, and I was entirely prepared.  I ran forward and leapt, just as Nog had.  Cody tried to do the same thing he had done the last time, but I had jumped to the left as well. I landed right on top of him and pinned him to the ground.
            “Margus Fletch wins!” Rutgar exclaimed. “He will now continue to the next round.” I won the next two rounds before losing, and it was pretty much the same from then on.  At the end of the competitions, I went to go collect the money everyone owed me.  After this I called a meeting at the meeting tent.
            “I must thank you for your help today, and now -- I am sorry to say -- I have to ask even more of you,” I said.  There were some murmurs at this, but I continued. “If we are to ever beat Castle Corona, we will need to find a way to get in. Any ideas?
            “Well, we could always dig!” General Reap suggested sarcastically.
            I smiled.  “Yes. Yes we could...” I began pacing and thinking, while Gunt looked bewildered.
            “You can’t be serious, Chief!” Rutgar exclaimed. “It doesn't seem possible!  We have never even tried it before!” 
            By now I was liking this idea very much, and even though Reap had said this simply in jest, I really thought it might work.
            “Gunt, get some men to chop some of the siege ladders in half. Turn them into pillars, and also some beams and plates to hold it up.  Rutgar, get some men on digging, as close to the castle as possible without being seen.  And finally, General Reap and others, assemble about three quarters of our army to attack as soon as we are done with the tunnels.  I myself will lead the other quarter through the tunnels, to open the gates from the other side.  Gentlemen, I have a plan!” Everyone looked skeptical, so I tried to explain better.
            “What we will try to do is create a tunnel under the castle wall, and the team I lead will open the gates from the inside, and otherwise wreak havoc.  When the doors are open, we will charge with the rest of the group.  The tunnels will be held up by dual beams, with platforms on the top and bottom, creating a box. Every time we dig, we will set one of these boxes so the tunnel will not collapse.  Now, I will assume you all agree, and I will see you in the morning.

     
Chapter Seven

            I woke up at exactly the fifth hour since midnight, and jumped out of bed.  I had wanted to start very early, and I was quick about getting dressed and going to wake everyone up. I first went to Gunt’s chambers to wake him.
            “Gunt, wake up!” I said quietly.  Gunt rolled over, then fell back to sleep.                       I groaned quietly, then had an idea. I set off to the supply wagon, where there was a large horn that was used to call meetings, announce lunch, and that sort of thing. I jumped into the wagon, and found the horn, before blowing loudly on it.  I cringed as I did so, for even I thought this was loud, and I expected that was what the large, thick woolen hat hanging on it was for.  I distantly heard sounds of some men getting up, and others of them complaining.   I quickly jumped out of the cart, and ran to the center of the camp, where I stood and waited for everyone to come out.  When they were all there in front of me I began speaking.
            “I have called all of you here today so that we may begin preparation for what should be the final attack on Castle Corona.” Some cheers erupted from my men, then I continued. “I must ask very much of you in the next day and a half, and for this I am sorry, but as a good man once said, ‘t’would not the reward be greater than the cost?’!”
More cheers, and I was sure I heard Gunt’s gruff chuckle in the crowd. “And, now, would all of you please follow, General Reap, Gunt, Rutgar and me to the digging area.”
The crowd slowly dispersed, and I ran over to my horse, Jasher, and rode off to a densely wooded area right near a road leading to town, where I had thought was a prime area to start digging. I marked where to dig, and prepared till my men got there, and then I showed them where to start digging.  Next I rode back to prepare all the horses, armor, and other preparations. Then I sat down, and waited. I waited there for hours, seeing to every possible detail that needed to be attended to. Then, at exactly the seventh hour, my band of troops arrived.          
            “Now, quickly, put your armor on, and get on your horses.” I said.  “Is the tunnel ready?”
            “Yes, Chief, and they are waiting for you.” 
            “Well what are we waiting for?” I half growled, frustrated. “Go go go!”
I jumped on my horse, and rode like the wind until we got there, where I jumped off my horse and walked over to Rutgar.
            “The catapults are on their way, as is everything else,” I said, this being one of the things I had taken care of. “Armor for everyone, too.”
            “All right,” Rutgar said. “All you have to do is go through the tunnel, and cut a hole in the last support, then dig out the hole, and place a ladder to come through.”
            “Good,” I said. “Come on, men.” I walked through the sloping tunnel down to where it evened out.  I already had on my armor, and I ran the rest of the way, until the tunnel came to an abrupt halt.  Suddenly my mind was full of worry. What if they knew we were comin? What if my old back sprained, and I was killed? I paused for a second, and then my mind was clear. That was fear talking, and I was ready. Here I was, on the eve of battle, readying for war.  If all went well, I would conquer a mighty fortress before dawn broke.  I was a barbarian, ruthless and untamable. I was a general of a strong army.  I was a conquerer of kings!  I was Margus Fletch! My confidence thoroughly boosted, I used my sword to start sawing through the wood, and when it broke a pile of dirt fell through.  I then set the ladder, and began climbing. “Shoot down the sentinels on the walls,” I ordered, whispering. This was done, swiftly and quietly. I ran up the courtyard, killing as I went. Suddenly, I heard cries of alarm sounding, then a horn.
            “Open the gates!!” I bellowed, then spun around to face a new wave of soldiers with my men, slicing and dicing them like a whirlwind, and then there were more soldiers, and we had a harder time beating them back.  I was everywhere at once, slicing off heads left and right, stabbing, dodging and parrying.  I found a soldier to match me and I fought with all my might.  I blocked, stroked, blocked again and finally landed a blow.  He grunted, swung his sword, and nearly decapitated me, but I ducked, though, and hacked off one of his legs, tripping him.  Then I thrust my sword into his chest, finally killing him. Then group after group of our men came, which took me a bit to understand. Then I realized we had won! We had won!  The battle was over, and I had never felt so victorious in my life! 
     

Chapter Eight

               I went about exploring the castle that day.  It was as wonderful, if not more so, than I had anticipated.  They had amassed an even larger treasury since the last time I had attacked.  I was in awe of the architecture, and the main hall was huge!  I walked around for a bit, just thinking about what I could do with this place. I spent an especially long time in the treasure room, where the king had seemed to run out of chests, so they just piled the gold on the floor. I was in a daze, still not sure what had happened. Then, to bring me back to reality, Rutgar said, “Sir, We have rounded up the prisoners, and found the King, Queen, and the Captain of the Guard.”
               “I’m not worried about the King,” I replied happily. “What could they do? We have the practically unbeatable castle, which we have conquered! How could anyone defeat us? But just for extra measure, have them taken off far away, and stripped of anything valuable. And Gunt, Rutgar, I must thank you for all the help you have given me, to find the place where I could finally be at peace.”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment